Regions Visa® Business Credit Card
0% Intro APR for 6 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 10.99% to 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 10.99% to 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months
- Processing Network Visa
- 0% introductory Purchase APR for 6 months
- Zero liability for unauthorized purchases, including online expenditures
- No annual fee
- Benefits include Visa Travel & Emergency Assistance and Visa Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 10.99% to 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 10.99% to 21.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $49
At a Glance
The Discover it® Secured card is ideal for cardholders hoping to build or rebuild their credit. Responsible use will not only raise their credit score, but it will also earn them 2% cash back at restaurants and gas stations on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to build or rebuild your credit with Discover
- Want 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants
- Don’t think they should pay an annual fee to boost their credit score
The Discover It Secured Card Review
Building or rebuilding credit doesn’t happen overnight, but with the Discover it® Secured cardholders can raise their credit score and earn some cash back. They can earn 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter, and they can get 1% cash back on all other purchases. At the end of their first year, Discover will automatically match all the cash back earned, plus there is no annual fee to eat into the cash earned back. To apply for the Discover it® Secured card applicants must provide a security deposit to serve as collateral. As with other secured credit cards, this security deposit will equal the cardholder’s available credit line, and monthly on-time payments will help build their credit. If the cardholder has been consistently making payments for 8 months they can have their security deposit returned to them, and they’ll still be able to enjoy the card’s benefits.
Should You Apply for the Discover It Secured Card?
Secured credit cards typically charge you for the percieved honor of rebuilding your credit with an issuer. Discover, on the other hand, views secured credit cards as a vital tool for many Americans, and as such doesn’t charge an annual fee. Not only that, but Discover actually goes the extra mile and allows cardholders to rebuild their credit while earning rewards at the same time. The Secured Card earns the same 2% cash back on gas and restaurant purchases and 1% back on everything else as the Discover It Chrome Unsecured Card, which is a great feature.
If you want the opportunity to rebuild your credit score, earn rewards while doing so, and have the chance to get bumped up to unsecured credit card for displaying financial good practices, the Discover It Secured Card is an excellent option to consider.
Editorial Disclosure — The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.